Monday, 24 June 2013

Brave

Plot: * * (2/5)
Characters: * * * * (4/5)
Animations: * * * * (4/5)

Overall rating:  * * * (3/5)

Merida, the first female lead in a Pixar film, showed strength in character, physique and ability. The non-typical, wild scottish princess is determined to make her own fate and decide her own destiny to the inconvenience of her kingdom. Merida uses magic to change her mother in order to change her fate, but the spell goes unexpectedly and results in Merida trying to undo her mistake.

I expected it to have a love story entwined within the plot and was disappointed that there wasn't. However throughout the journey, you see the  relationship between mother and daughter rebuild. The characters were all unique, although some could have been funnier and others could have had more charm. I think as an animation, it was well executed.

Overall it was a good, cute film, just not great, I probably wouldn't see it again.

(Photography from http://m.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/aug/19/brave-film-review-kelly-macdonald )

No comments:

Post a Comment